Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Be still and know that HE is GOD


I am constantly reminded of how I should be more childlike in God's eyes....always caring for others and being in awe of the wonderful world around me.


Last night, with all the athletic ability and grace in me I dropped the ottoman on my feet- yes, both feet! Let's just say that I was in pain....more so than I can recall when giving birth...either time! Because I was crying, the little gentleman in my house started to do the same. "I just don't want my mommy to be sad. I want her to be happy" he told his daddy. So then I cried a little more, happy tears because I have a son who cares so much for others. But it didn't stop there. I was still crying in the tub later and he came to check on me. "If you need me I will be in the living room with Daddy and you can call." How many times do I offer or am I willing to drop everything and go running when someone calls my name??


On another day while we were enjoying the summer weather and swimming in the pool, my smart little guy noticed a bird perched on the fence. "Look! A bird!" he shared with much excitement. We all agreed that it indeed was a bird and then he had one more thing to say:
"God made that!" Again, we agreed....with smiles. Wow! I try to remind myself often that God made everything....but I wonder how often birds fly by or stop in front of me and I don't notice??


Because of my sweet boy, I will try harder to listen when my name is called, stop and notice the birds and praise the Lord for the magestic world around me :) Won't you do the same??

3 comments:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

What a sweet boy -- Funny too. Good to see you this weekend.

TK said...

If only we could always see and understand the world like a child. Cole often reminds me to take a step back and see things from a 3 year old perspective. We are so very blessed!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, You are the sweetest Mommy. and you have the most precious babies, that husband is pretty special too. Keep up your good work. Aunt Jean