Monday, June 9, 2008

little things

I have this weird feeling in my stomach and I know it's because I'm trying to hold back tears- because I am happy and sad all at the same time. Ever been there?
I started off this morning with a walk down our street. I was planning on writing a post about little things that make me smile. When Mr. Bill passes me each morning (whether he's headed home from his morning stroll or in his truck headed to the golf course) he smiles and waves or speaks....it's so nice to see happiness on the face of that gentleman and I always, I mean every time, find myself smiling too! I enjoy so much walking down the street during the time that neighbors are leaving for a busy day at work. Saying "good morning" to complete strangers makes me feel so good. Those little things in life...
And then, I couldn't help but want to post about this too- these new blogs I keep finding. My newest favorite is Bring the Rain and if you read backwards into it far enough you'll understand why. I think I might be discovering my own spiritual gift by the way. I read a new one today called Our Amazing Mary Grace. They both are about families who lost babies. I know, you think I'm crazy because I like to cry and read these sad stories. Okay. So, maybe I am a little different. But it's not the sad stories and the videos that draw me back time and time again. It's the amazing strength that these moms have and it's the awesome power of Christ and their faith that brings me to tears. I feel that through these other people I am growing in my Christian walk and that is so important.
Maybe you aren't so much into the "bloggy" world. It definitely takes time away from other tasks I should and need to be doing. But, if it helps me with my daily walk with HIM, then it is so worth the time!! Try it sometime.....click on a favorite in my list, click on one of their favorites, and you never know where you might go - You might find some "little thing" that makes you smile:)

5 comments:

Leslie Harwell said...

Loving the new music! I am so glad that you are getting Ashley time in the morning and getting to walk. You are always so sweet and stay busy helping everyone else and it is great to know that you are doing something that you want to do! You are always in my thoughts and prayers for anything and everything that might be going on in your life. Love you, Leslie

Ashley said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog Ashley! I really appreciate them(: I unfortunately don't have lots of "blogging" time but I do enjoy catching up with them when I get the chance! So you left on your comment about audrey caroline and I literally spent hours on it!!! In fact, Andy said I wasn't allowed to get on it because it made me cry every time! It really is so amazing though!

Sarah Garner said...

Hi Ashley,

I agree, I have only recently discovered the blogging world and it can be a bit addicting. But as a stay at home mom it is fun to have the opportunity to meet new people that I wouldn't normally be able to. But it is hard to pull myself away from the darn computer sometimes!

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I too read Audrey Carolines blog everyday. It is sad, but I walk away uplifted every time I pay a visit! Her story resonates with me because my own daughter was stillborn this last February at 35 weeks.

It was good to "meet" you. You have a beautiful family!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Hey how FuN your 8th anniversary thats AWESOME!! You have such a CUTE family!! I am SO excited things are getting close!! So who is this by the way!! :)

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks for the comments! I love blogging too its FUN! I'm glad you came across my blog too! I noticed you left a comment on my cousin Sarah Garner's blog do you know her?

Well 7 years is still awesome! So tell me MORE about yourself! Where do you live? How many kids do you have? Where do you work? Do you get to be a stay at home mom?!!

Hope to hear from you SOON!! :)