Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Coach Tubberville!

And Happy Birthday to ME!! It has by far been the best birthday yet :) It all began last night when I was expecting my husband to show up ready to take me to dinner, when instead, it was three of my favorite friends at the door- all giggles because they had pulled it off and I was totally surprised!!
We got to the restaurant and what do you know? Four other friends were there to join us (they are all my favorites, too!) We enjoyed dinner, complete with wine and strawberry truffles (from Ashley Mac's in Bluff Park I might add- the best!!). And as if that wasn't enough, they together gave me a black HOBO clutch :) See you later, ugly and too little wallet!! I have found a new friend (even my lip gloss and car key fit in there)!

I was so shocked that I never really teared up until today...in the car pool line...I started thinking about how blessed I am to be surrounded with awesome friends who truly love me...a few tears and then a prayer...and a new post was born.
Thanks to you: Chera, Elizabeth, Leslie, Alison, Amanda, Joanna, TaraKy (listed not by order of importance but by seating arrangement if you are curious) for making my birthday so special and being my friend- I love you all!!

The story isn't over. Hang tight. Today, I went grocery shopping with my mother in law's husband (I guess that technically makes him my father in law?) and it was great. They gave me birthday money so I could (for once) by groceries with cash. Then he paid for lunch (which we picked up and took to enjoy with hubby at his school). It was so nice to have someone make out like the day is all about me!!

Several e-cards, phone messages, e-mails, a flower from my real estate agent (who is a great friend) and this afternoon my daddy is taking me to pick out a new washing machine...what more could I ask for? Happy 29 years to me!! And happy I am!! Thanks so much to those of you who have helped to make my birthday so special :) I wonder how Tommy's day has been so far?

6 comments:

Leslie Harwell said...

Love you too Ashley. And Happy Birthday to one of my best buds in the world!!! Last night was a blast - I am glad we pulled it off. Love, Les
P.S. enjoy your one more yr. until 30!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!! I wish I would have known. - And shame on TK for not telling me!! I am glad you had such a great b-day (or 2). :o)

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Happy Birthday --- Tommy better be too busy getting ready for LSU to think about celebrating!!

David, Tiff, Sadie, & Everett said...

Happy Birthday Ash! I had no idea! It sounds like you had a wonderful time & best wishes from the Primms on your 29th year!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea it was your birthday. It sounds like you had a great day! Things will actually be slowing down a bit for me after October 15th (Tax Season), so we will definitely have to catch up.

Mindy

TK said...

I am glad your birthday was so special and you included me in it! You are such a dear friend, and I am so thankful for you!! You deserve the very best. You are always so willing to go above and beyond for everyone else, so you certainly deserve a day (or year) to be all about you! Happy, happy birthday my sweet dear friend.

And, thanks again Leslie for getting it all together! Let's do it again soon, birthday or not.