Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where are your priorities?

I know mine aren't always in the right order. What about you? I want to share this thought that was shared in my Bible Study on Monday. It is not an original of my own but I do not know who the author is. So, whoever you are, I hope you don't mind that I pass this along. And, kudos to you for:
Cell phone vs. Bible
I wonder, what would happen if we treated out Bible like we treat our cell phones?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we turned back to get it when we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go....hmmm....where is my Bible? oh. And one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill. Makes you stop and think "Where are my priorities?" And no dropped calls!

So there you go. Ponder that today! My kids are higher on my list than this blog so ta ta for now....Clay is yelling for a drink :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love that reminder!!! I always find myself forgetting to read the Bible or sadly enough evern forgetting to pray at times but I seem to never forget the less important. Thanks for the wake up call. I needed it. BTW, your page is really cute!